MARYMOUNT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
Marymount students and staff fulfill our mission by responding to the needs of others in our local and global community:
- Zambia Student Committee, which organizes multiple fundraising activities to raise money for Zambia.
- Annual Student and Staff trip to Zambia, where we volunteer at St. Mulumba, Kalunda Ka Maria, and the Day Center in Choma.
- Operation Smile Student Club, which educates our community about the need to help those affected by cleft palate, and encourages participation in Operation Smile fundraisers and events in Rome and abroad.
- Outreach to Rome Student Club, which provides help to those in our local and national community. Efforts include raising awareness and funds for people with Down Syndrome, creating a Giving tree where students buy presents for the poor during Christmas, and raising money for short and long term earthquake relief for Central Italy.
- Refugee outreach, including inviting refuges to campus to share their stories, and organizing collections of clothing, toiletries, canned foods, and money to help support two refugee centers.
- Students and staff volunteer monthly at Caritas Soup Kitchen
- Staff and students worked with local artists and workers from the Comune of Rome to design and create the first Wall of Kindness in Rome, where people in need can find clothing.
- Various CAS projects completed by our IB students.