Sacred Heart of Mary School of Rio de Janeiro has over 105 years of history. On June 23, 1911, the school was the first to host the RSHM. We are located near the city of Ubá, in the state of Minas Gerais.
The first religious house in Rio de Janeiro was founded in the Vila Isabel neighborhood. Subsequently, the group was based in the district of Leme. Then, in 1916, with the acquisition of the Oceânico Hotel in Copacabana, the school finally settled where it has remained until the present day.
The headmaster, Amaro França, promotes an education of excellence committed to social transformation, based on the Christian values of children’s education. Recently, the physical space of Early Childhood Education was entirely rethought and restructured. The environments now offer greater movement and interaction between the children. The remodeled space aims to stimulate new learning, as well as the development of students’ autonomy and identity. It is a three-story private building measuring 1,500 m², with the adapted infrastructure and furniture is suitable for students of different age groups