Colégio de Nossa Senhora do Rosário (Our Lady of the Rosary School) has its origins in 1872 with the passage of Miss Hennessey’s English Academy property to the Religious of the Sacred Heart or Mary. It began by being called the English School of the Sacred Heart of Mary. Education in the school was interrupted in 1910 – forced by the introduction of the Republic and the expulsion of the religious orders from Portugal. In 1926, the school reopened with its current name. It has 1580 students from pre-school (3-year olds) to the twelfth year (18-year olds) and more than 200 employees.
The Educational Commitment is to provide all students an academic learning of excellence coupled with an integral formation that allows the construction of true life projects. This is achieved by several opportunities for development that everyone has access to in the different areas: scientific, artistic, technological, physical, personal, interpersonal relationships, spiritual, global awareness, respect for the integrity of creation, service to others, appreciation of knowledge and culture. As an educational community, the school encourages a culture of innovation, proximity, participation and co-responsibility of all its members in the implementation of its Educational Commitment.